12.04.2013

fears, part one.

The only thing I'm really afraid of is dancing in public.
I can whirl and stretch starwise in the calm and quiet of my room, my empty house, my calm and corner...but the moment someone else is watching, all you will see is a swaying, a subtle bouncing at the knees and nothing more.

I swallow back my storm, and all is stilled.

Maybe someday I will reach out and feel a strong hand in mine, and know the sweet touch of vein on vein, the pulse of heartbeats under skin, and fly unafraid and stretch and tumble. Maybe someday I will storm wild, strike and swift; maybe someday I will shout, maybe someday I will rise in rhythm, roll, round. Maybe someday I will see the watching eyes and laugh in their glistening mirrors.
Maybe someday I will dance in public.

But not yet. For now, it's the only thing I'm really afraid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me. Ask me.